The Molly Dog Blog

This is a photo and video blog of our Rottweiler Molly. I update the blog every Sunday with new stuff so that family and friends who are far away can watch her grow and learn. Plus, I have no life. And Todd thinks this blog is stupid and I like to annoy him.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Recovery

I think I missed a few Sundays. Todd left for Uncle Jim's bachelor party in New Orleans for FOUR whole days. I think I was too tired from being a single mom to post that weekend. The pic below is two days after her surgery. It's a good "close up" of the sutures. [click to enlarge]With Todd in New Orleans, I thought it would be OK to let her sleep in her crate at night w/o the cone on. How much damage could she do while she slept? Soon, the head gear became a toy. I took pictures as she played with it. After thinking we were in the clear and the cone wasn't going to be needed any more, I threw it away. Big mistake as it ended up costing an extra $15 to replace when her sutures became infected as a result of me removing the cone from her head too early. Britney Spears must feel the same way. Being a single parent is really hard. You only want to make your kids happy even if it means not enforcing the rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home